It's a brand new day and a brand new outlook for North Carolina Democrats since electing new state party officers in a marathon meeting of the State Executive Committee on Saturday, January 29th in Raleigh.
- Chair David Parker (Mooresville, age 54, caucasian, male) firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Vice Chair Gwen Wilkins (Rocky Mount, age 55, american Indian, female) email@example.com
- 2nd Vice Chair Douglas Wilson (Charlotte, age 32, african-american, male)
- 3rd Vice Chair Tony McEwen (New Hanover County, age 31 , caucasian, male) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary Melvin Williams (Beulaville, age 68, caucasian, male) email@example.com
NCDPpolitics is pleased to have contributed in some small measure to the new slate of officers by publicizing an aggregate list of candidates prior to the actual election meeting. We measure our success by the fact that not one office went unopposed. However, as thrilled as we are with new Chair David Parker, we do have some reservations about the changes to the process used to elected the new party secretary.